Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Fitness Questions and Answers

Keep the questions and inquiries coming!


Question:

When is the best time to work out? Julison, Atlanta, GA


Answer: 

When you will! When are you most likely, physically AND mentally, to work out properly? Your answer to my question is my answer to yours. I personally enjoy early morning workouts as they set the tone for my productive day to follow. I also find that I have more energy in the mornings and am more amped! And that's how it's done! And that's how it's done!



Question:
How much weight should I lose weekly when trying to get in shape? L., Scottsdale

Answer:
Don't just measure fitness progress by weight loss alone. This is a dangerous habit. When one adds resistance training to an exercise regime, one's musculature will change - often times becoming "heavier." Measure your progress comprehensively. How do you feel?


Question:
Is it important to stretch before working out? Carey B., Seattle

Answer:
Yes! Stretching helps to prevent injury and facilitates a better workout. However, make certain that you do brief cardio or a "warm-up" PRIOR to stretching. That means a minimum of 8 minutes walking, jogging, jumprope, skipping, cycle, swim, etc. Cardio helps circulate oxygen to the muscles. Oxygenated muscles are most receptive! And that's how it's done!

No comments:

Post a Comment