Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Learning from Masters

I learned yesterday that my coach, Brooks Johnson, was selected as the USA Track & Field Coach of the Year. He is deserving of this measure not only as Coach of the #1 World Ranked 110m Hurdler David Oliver, but as a man who has shaped careers and minds over the past fifty years. Coach Brooks has had a meaningful impact on my life as an athlete and, most importantly, as a human being. Thanks Coach, here's to you!

Coach and I - in the beginning. 

My brother and I had a chance to travel together this summer for vacation. We met up with Coach Brooks for lunch in France. The evening before, David was crowned Champion of "Meeting Areva" -the Paris Diamond League Meet- with a record time of 12.89. It was an electrifying run to say the least - berets were a'flying!


Lunch Under the Eiffel
 Coach Brooks Johnson, Rav [my brother], Andia, David

Imparting Knowledge, Direction.

See Coach Brooks' "Train Gang" in action: http://bit.ly/TrainGang

No comments:

Post a Comment